Saturday, June 26, 2010

AYE VERB KILLLLLLLIN" IT/WHY BATTLE RAP IS STILL A FRINGE CULTURE?

MATH HOFFA (BK) VS AYE VERB (STL)
So after a lot of reflection. Ive decided that it's a draw simply because of all the wasted lines by both parties. I was way more entertained by Aye Verb's darts but every now and then he'd fall flat (listen for line about ad lin) I think I am bias though against the New York school of battle rapping because it is so predictable and inorganic and apparently Supernatural did the ghost of Biggie thing before Math Hoffa. Aye Verb blends humor, drama, grand mythical ideas on a hood level, you feel me? Like Vybz Kartel. The nigga be informed too. And he got a fuckin Fiend (no limit) growl saying hyper lyrical shit but not sounding New York ever. His swag is country nigga classic (waves pretty boy shit) which sometimes city niggas like myself mistake for gay shit. But no man's sexuality is my business unless he's dating my little sisters you feel me? This is some serious competition between the two, I definitely think that theyre two of the best out right now and would like to see either battle Murda Mook. The sounds fucked up turn it down some. Aye verb makes a very sincere gay accusation of Math Hoffa and the room gets really awkward. It's hilarious.

In the 2 or 3rd round Math Hoffa does a really funny "New York slang to St. Lunatics song onomonopeia shit"

THEY BOTH DO WEIRD REPORTER/COMMENTATOR SHIT? COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS OR AYE VERB RESPONDING WITH INSANE ASS OFF THE TOP FREESTYLE? SPYING??? WEIRD.
This isn't verbs best battle but hes the fuckin best u should definitely watch Aye Verb vs Young Miles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment